Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Trailer Disaster







We picked up the new boat today where it has been living for the last week getting 2 new cylinders put on. Not common for a new boat, but okay. We took it out to test on Lake Mead before we embarked on the over 4oo mile drive to Lake Roosevelt in AZ for the next tournament. The boat ran well and we decided to go. I was driving behind Duane in my car and I noticed when we were going down the hills the brakes were really stinky and smoking. I called Duane but we didn't have phone reception in the middle if no where so I just continued to sing along with that radio and wait for reception to come back. This stinky, smokey thing happened a couple more times and when we finally got reception I told him what I had seen. We decided it was probably nothing but would look at it when stopped again. Well, when we pulled over in BFE Duane checked it out and realized that the bearing had caught on fire, or I don't know something had caught on fire and melted and burnt everything together, something like that - basically it was all broken. We spent over 2 hours trying rig this wheel/ brake/ tire thing back together, (let's get one thing straight when I say we and fix together it actually means Duane and fix, I am not really any sort of help) and it didn't happen so we drive to Lake Pleasant, Phoenix and spent the night there. We drive on three tires. See above photo. When the dealership in Phoenix opened at 8am they informed us that they couldn't get the parts in until Monday. So off we went to Roosevelt 130 more miles on only three wheels. We made it and the parts are going to be delivered to the lake on either Monday or Tuesday and the actual real dealer guy is going to fix it. Hopefully we will last till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment