Friday, February 26, 2010

I Went To Fish A Tournament and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt



So I have been practicing for my West Coast Bass debut all week. I have been out there in the cold and in the wind and rain making sure that I was ready for my debut performance. My tackle was packed, my poles were lined (all by Duane of course - I have no idea how to do that stuff) and so off the partner pairings I went. When I got there I checked in, paid my entry fee and picked up my goodies. Well as the clock neared 7pm the officials kept saying they were short boaters (I am a non-boater). I looked around the room and there were people there that really wanted to fish this, I mean REALLY wanted to fish this and they might not get a chance too. I walked up to the front and volunteered to give my spot up. Heck - it's cold and rainy! They said thank you so much!! They were so happy they gave me my money back and said they would pay my entry at the next tournament. So, I went to fish a tournament and all I got was this lousy t-shirt, BUT I get to sleep in, walk the dog, eat, stay warm, study, play on the computer....I guess I'll catch the big fish next time! (On a side note, stupid Dupree had to work tonight so I became his proxy, with being his proxy I negotiated a 10% of his winnings deal, that was until I saw both his partners only had a few teeth, then it went up to 20%! I made out like a bandit on this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment