Friday, October 23, 2009

Part Time is NOT Six Days A Week

So, if you read down a few posts you would see that I got a job at the El Dorado working in their theater wardrobe department. Well it was great while it lasted. When I was hired they said I would only be working maybe 2 days a week and I said that would be perfect, that is all I want. (I also said I couldn't work Mondays - due to Jewelry 106) Well I started last Thursday and worked Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and was scheduled to work, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday. Part time? - I don't think so! I had asked for Saturday off for another job that I have. I was scheduled to work these days but not told what hours I would work. I asked what the schedule was because I needed to make a few appointments and take care of some things. Well when I was hired I also said I would need 2 weeks off at the end of October/ beginning of November to go to Alabama, "that shouldn't be a problem". Well apparently it was because even though I cut it down to 6 days that wasn't good enough. Tonight after the show I was called into the Stage Managers office and told I was being let go because my schedule didn't jive with what they needed. Seriously? I have worked more than I was originally told I would work in a month! They seriously thought that 6 days a week was part time. It's not like it was even great pay. I went above what they told me and worked what they needed and they went back on their agreement. It amazes me what people/ companies do to fill an immediate need.

1 comment: