Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fast Track


For those of you who don't live in California there is a system called Fast Track. It is a way to easy the commutes over the bridges all around the bay area. You basically buy this little box, put it in your car and it registers every time you go through the tolls. You no longer have to carry cash or wait in the long line, because Fast Track users have their own lanes. Well early in the morning (4am) there are very few cash only lanes, most of them are fast Track, less staff to work I guess. Well the cash lanes are on the outside, very difficult to get to if your in the middle. So here's the story....Duane and Dupree were fishing a tournament at Oroville, I got a job in San Francisco on a commercial, well I had to get there, so instead of diving the motor home there I took Travis's truck. I left Oroville around 3am and started the drive over. Well when I got to the Bay Bridge I was just driving, I had my four dollars out to pay the toll and all of a sudden I realized that all the cash lanes were on the outside and I was in the middle, there was no way to move over there. So I just went through the Fast Track lane. I know that there were camera so I went real slow waving the four dollars,, thinking that the camera operator would realize I was trying to pay and would not send Travis a ticket (I was in his truck after all) Well apparently I went to too slow, they didn't get a photo of the four dollars, BUT they did get a few shots of his licence plate. A ticket follow, unfortunately for Travis, living in a motor home in random parking lots across the west coast, is not conducive to the mail system, by the time he got the ticket all the late fees made it a $75 ticket. (I did this on May 15th, he got the ticket 2 days ago!) Oopsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment