Thursday, June 18, 2009

Making Desert







I thought it would be a nice idea to make desert one night...bad idea. I love chocolate covered strawberries so I figured I would give it a whirl! It started out messy and ended up being even messier. I ruined a few Tupperware containers, but trying to melt the chocolate in them in the microwave. Bad idea, I burnt the chocolate and melted the Tupperware. Finally I got it kinda right, but then EFF ed it all up by putting them in the freezer to "harden" the chocolate. They got mushy! Duane was a a good sport and ate a few, but next time I am just going to buy them!

2 comments:

  1. There are somethings worth baking but 9 times out of 10 buy it from some one who knows what they are doing and enjoy not having to cleaning up the mess! Sherri's berries are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... I just made this the other night and they turned out great and it was so easy. So what you do is get whatever kind of chocolate you want in a bar. Break up the bar into small pieces and put them into a microwavable bowl. Add 1 tbsl of ... okay sounds weird but vegetavle shortening. Heat up for about a few minutes...stir to the right consitency. Then just dip your strawberries into it...lay them on wax paper and cool in the refigerator...about 15 mins...


    SOOO GOOD!! Try and let me know :)

    ReplyDelete